Monday, August 4, 2014

In the home stretch!

As the alpha rules set begins to look less and less like a page covered in random letters and numbers and more like a page covered in ordered letters and numbers, my morale is beginning to rise.  Shepherds of Fate is beginning to resemble a full game now.  Being as I'm off work today, I intend to finish writing out tier 1 abilities and rebalancing magic.

It's getting to that point where I can see the end.  Alpha is almost here.

There are a few things I need to do before it comes out in its entirety, and here's my changelog so far.

Pre-alpha 1.7

Added tier 1 abilities
Fixed magic point acquisition and added separate schools of magic
Added races, explanations of ability dice, and character generation instructions
Added skill descriptions
Minimum skill is now better-defined
Nerfed longbows.  My god, they were overpowered. 
Balanced leveling so HP and potential damage were synchronized.
Synchronized world history to the game and added a place where canon will eventually fall.

Things still to do

Balance pain threshold in higher levels
Define shock and hemorrhage
Add gold and items
A few more balancing tweaks and sample magic spells

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment